Saturday, September 26, 2009

Independence Day

Finally. This morning, Alex got his first full meal directly from me. Getting to this point has often felt like teaching Helen Keller how to speak, with a lot of screaming, scraping, and kicking. I had just about given up on the hope that he could learn to breast feed. But, I kept trying, having developed a complex system that involved my pump, a bottle, a boppy pillow, and a beer. And today, I can claim that that McGuyvering worked. Not that I imagine our very next feeding to be as successful as this. But, I can at least start to envision a life without all that bottle washing. Goodness. It's a full time job pumping and washing.

Tonight, I get to get out of the house. The task of parenting has been unevenly doled out to me in the past few days and I've gotten the greenlight from the hubs to hit the town. Independence indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment